Staying at Hotels Information
Oxford and the surrounding area is blessed with a number of fine hotels, so you can combine a visit to the Oxford Literary Festival with a relaxing break. Some of them offer special rates for festival-goers.
The Randolph Hotel, Oxford
The AA five-star Macdonald Randolph – Oxford’s leading hotel is proud to be the official festival hotel.
Situated in the heart of the city, opposite the world-famous and recently restored and extended Ashmolean Museum, the Randolph was built in 1864. Fully refurbished, the hotel offers each guest the highest level of comfort and service in a traditional and welcoming environment.
Special rates apply for festival visitors. For further details quote ‘literary festival rates’.
Randolph Hotel contact details are:
- Telephone: 0844 879 9132
- Address: Randolph Hotel, Beaumont Street, Oxford OX1 2LN
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.macdonaldhotels.co.uk/Randolph
The AA four-star Feathers Hotel in Woodstock is an official festival hotel. It is a 17th-century country townhouse hotel in the heart of the historic town of Woodstock. Oxford and the festival is only eight miles away and Woodstock itself is home to the historic Blenheim Palace.
Feathers Hotel contact details are:
- Telephone: 01993 812291
- Address: The Feathers, Market Street, Woodstock, Oxfordshire OX20 1SX
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.feathers.co.uk
Old Bank Hotel, Oxford
The independently owned Old Bank Hotel is an official festival hotel. It has an enviable location on the city’s historic High Street. It was awarded the Best City Hotel 2011 by the Good Hotel Guide. It is close to all the festival venues.
Old Bank Hotel contact details are:
- Telephone: 01865 799599
- Address: Old Bank Hotel, 92 - 94 High Street, Oxford OX1 4BJ
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.oldbank-hotel.co.uk
Old Parsonage Hotel, Oxford
The independently owned Old Parsonage in Oxford dates back to 1660 and is situated in St Giles. It is a luxury boutique hotel with 30 bedrooms, three terraces, a restaurant and bar.
Old Parsonage Hotel contact details are:
- Telephone: 01865 310210
- Address: Old Parsonage Hotel, 1 Banbury Road, Oxford OX2 6NN
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.oldparsonage-hotel.co.uk
The AA four-star Macdonald Bear Hotel in Woodstock is an official festival hotel. It is set in what was once a 13th-century coaching inn and combines history and culture with exceptional facilities.
Bear Hotel contact details are:
- Telephone: 01993 811124
- Address: The Bear Hotel, Park Street, Woodstock, Oxfordshire OX20 1SZ
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.macdonaldhotels.co.uk/our-hotels/macdonald-bear-hotel/
The Manor at Weston-on-the-Green
The Manor at Weston-on-the-Green is an official festival hotel. It is a former home of Sir Henry Norris, who is frequently mentioned in Hilary Mantel’s award-winning novels, Wolf Hall and Bring up the Bodies. With chauffeur service, open fire places, linen fold oak panelled dining room and luxurious bedrooms, it is a home where you put your feet up and enjoy the finer things in life.
The Manor is offering a special bed and breakfast rate for festival-goers during the festival. The rates are Sun-Fri – standard room £149 (normally £225), Sun-Fri – superior room £199 (normally £355). Sat – standard room £185 (normally £295), Sat – superior room £215 (normally £355). Reservation is essential on 01869 350621 quoting ‘Oxford festival special rate’.
The Manor at Weston-on-the-Green contact details are:
- Telephone: 01869 350621
- Address: Weston Manor Hotel, The Manor at Weston-on-the-Green, Oxfordshire OX25 3QL
- Website: www.themanorweston.com